How to secure Vtiger CRM, protect valuable data from potentially being taken by employees when they leave or hackers. It is a very critical issue, and the solution is not as easy as you might think. That’s why we would like to share some interesting tips.
1. Vtiger Two Factor Login Authentication
User login into the CRM, It will be prompted for the username and password as usual. If the password is correct, instead of the dashboard, he/she will see another screen when the user will need to enter a code generated with google auth app.
This type of authentication provides an additional layer of security as an attacker is unlikely to able to crack both layers to get a bypass.
How to secure your Vtiger Data?
This is how adding Vtiger Two Factor Authentication, protects your data.
- With 2-Step Verification, if any guy hacks through your password, he’ll still need your phone code or Security Key to get access into account.
- You will need to secure your account with something you know like your password and something you have phone your security key. So a hacker needs to have access to your password and your phone.
- Every code is unique for any users. So there is no way to log in without user phone also admin user still has the chance to disable any particular user.
2. Brute Force Password Hacking Attacks
Brute force attack is mostly all hackers use to force their way into your site is using a brute force attack. This way, repeatedly trying to guess your username and password, often the password is not strong enough it can be guessed easily after some attack.
When the hacker has full access to your dashboard panel, then he can do anything. So this the reason you should make sure your password is powerful. So here is one suggestions combinations: uppercase and lowercase, special characters and numbers. This one is a great suggestion for change a password in once in a month.
Easily configure password policies within a few seconds admin can easily configure your Vtiger CRM login page.
VGS Secure Passwords Module Features
Vtiger CRM administrators can configure as per below strategies:
- Password Expire Time. This policy allows you to specify how long a password is valid before it expires.
- Special Characters Policy. Force users to use special characters, such as!? * & etc.
- Mixed Case Policy. Mixed case passwords to contain both lower and UPPER case characters.
- Use Digits Policy. Force passwords to contain numeric digits.
- Password Length. Make sure to add the least number of characters a password should have, it will be improved in secure.
How does Vtiger Password Policy work?
After installing the module Click on > Settings > Other Settings > VGS Secure Passwords, click there, and you will be able to set the password pattern to install as policy.
3. Professional Hosting
Yes, in cloud hosting make a real impact on your business, deploying your CRM in the cloud can be a big revolution or a simple way to optimize your IT It’s all depending on the unique need of your company. In Primary factor, it’s very important to secure website data structure their need for data access, the resources you have available.
The good things about Cloud Hosting are several:
- In budget very low investment
- Updates and maintenance are provided as a service from a hosting provider.
- It’s very easy to access your data anywhere, anytime.
- Data backup & disaster recovery the data is being stored.
- Now focus IT resources on your business goals, rather than system maintenance & support.
- Decrease the chance of loss due to natural disasters or theft.
4. Unbreakable password
In the following paragraph, you will be able to read three rules that make it exponentially harder to crack your password. The strategies employed by password crackers so you need to know about unbreakable password method.
- Avoid in password pattern: Names, places and dictionary words.
- Longer Password With Mix Characters. Consider a 12-character password or longer.
- Mix it up With Variations. Use variations on capitalization, spelling, numbers, and punctuation.
After you have created your secure password, it’s not fully secure so one thing remembers: never reuse the same password again.
There are some many different approaches you can take to create strong passwords, so you never have to again use:
- Register in password management tool: This one of the best app to store all password. All you have to do is remember a single master password that grants you access to the stored data. Enter your password once, and the management tool does the rest.
- Keep original passwords for your most valuable tools: Mostly out of memory by storing as many possible passwords in your head as possible. Use original ones for important sites like email and Social Media. Usually, it’s hard to crack the password for all the less important spots.
5. Install and update antivirus protection up to date:
Make sure that all the system of your employees are installed with antivirus and check that it is regularly updated with prevents malware incidents and protects data in the layer. So antivirus scan data often this it can determine the vulnerability of CRM under protection data.
6. Managing trusted IP addresses
In Dynamics CRM Online to users with trusted IP addresses to reduce unauthorized access. When trusted IP address restrictions are applied to a user profile and the user attempt to log in from an unauthorized IP address, So CRM access is blocked.
The last one on this post, we have been focusing on stolen data, but data protection also includes defending against lost data this is more important.
CRM system in the cloud is not an excuse for skipping backup data. But Make sure this is well performed and regularly and keep a copy of CRM data by the cloud service provider.