Alright, so you got the Magento form builder for your online store. That’s great! So, what’s next? Do you have an idea of how to install the Magento form extension? Installing Magento extension can make or break your online store.
You may find plenty of online sources to know how to install extensions on your own. But do you know that not all the extensions require every installation step to perform? In this blog post, we are going to unveil a step-by-step guide to install any extension to your online store.
There are three different ways you can install Magento custom form builder extension:
- With the help of Magento Connect
- Using SSH
- By uploading files directly to FTP
While the first option is the quickest and easiest, the remaining two options can be part of best practices to install any extension.
Checklist before Installing Magento Form Extension:
Before you start installing Magento custom form builder extension, make sure you are having these things available with you:
- If it is a FREE extension, you will require the product key to install the extension.
- In case you are using a premium extension (Paid) like Magento form extension, you will have to download the files and license key provided by the developer.
- It is recommended to use file upload using FTP to ensure the success of extension installation.
Installing Magento extension via FTP:
- The first step to install the Magento custom form builder is to upload the extension folder to the root directory. You have to unzip the folder, copy the app folder in the store root directory with the help of FTP.
- Once you are done with unzipping of the file, the very next thing you have to do is to log in to Magento admin panel and perform the following checks:
- Creating a backup of your website.
- Go to Tools -> Compilations and disable all the compilations
- Go to Cache Management and clear all cache by selecting files.
- Go to System -> Configuration and activate the extension. In case your Magento form builder requires a license key, go to license and enter the key next to the extension name under recently installed extensions. It is important to understand that license key and product key are two different things altogether. In case contact form extension is paid, then you will require a license key. If you are choosing a free extension, you will require a product key from the Magento Connect.
- Confirm the installation and activate the extension
In order to ensure you install the Magento smoothly, it is advised to disable modules output and check if your installed extension appears in the list or not. If you see the extension in the list, then you have installed extension properly and you are all set to activate and use it in your online store.
Installing Extension using Magento Connect:
If you are trying to install any free extension in your online store, you can install the same with the help of Magento connect.
- You have to connect with Marketplace and obtain the product key for the extension you are installing.
- Go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager in the admin panel of your Magento store. You have to simply follow the instructions provided on the screen and enter the product key received.
- You don’t have to clear any cache or create any backup for the website since it is done automatically by Magento connects.
- Just make sure that you are not installing any unwanted file with the extension since it might impact the functioning of your online store.
Installing Magento extension using SSH:
In case you wish to install Magento custom form builder without using downloader UI, SSH is the perfect approach. In this case, you have to download Magento form extension, unzip it, and push the same into the SSH terminal.
If you are new to Magento or facing any challenges installing contact form extension, it is always advisable to get help from the professionals. You can pay a minimal amount for professional installation and leave all your worries. This way you can definitely save time and technical challenges faced while installing the Magento custom form builder extension.